Friday, November 23, 2007

Wicked Birthday

What?? Two posts in one day?? I know, it is all of your lucky day!!

So I turned the big 2-7 yesterday. Every 6 years (or so...leap year confuses me) my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. This was my lucky year. Some people think this is cool. I am not one of those people. Having my birthday on Thanksgiving means a few things: 1. Most people forget to call you (and those of you who know me know that I don't care at all to get called on my b-day (note: read with sarcasm)). 2. Your birthday dinner is turkey and mashed potatoes 3. Your birthday cake is pumpkin pie (although this year my mom did make me birthday cake, so we had 3 pies and birthday cake) 4. Everything is closed on your birthday. 5. You spend your birthday cooking (ok, so if you read the post below I am referring to starting this year and going forward).

I can't really complain because I did some pre-birthday celebrating on Wednesday. I went to lunch at Islands with friends where I was able to eat my most favorite Kona Pie. And then my WONDERFUL husband surprised me with a night out. He took me to a cute, little romantic restaurant called Off Vine, and then he took me to go see Wicked - which I have been wanting to see for a long time - and we had great seats. So all in all, it was a pretty good birthday, even though I am now officially in my late 20's (blah).

13 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Laura, I am guilty for not calling you on your b-day. But I am sure you have missed some of mine, so we are even right?!?! How did you like Wicked? I've seen it 3 times (going for the 4th in December)and love it! Anyways, we'll have to go get dessert or something for a little b-day celebration!

kelly l said...

I don't want to hear any whining about being in your late 20s. Wah wah.

DJB said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Did you not just love Wicked?! I saw it a few months ago and have been wanting to see it again ever since!

agirlnamedgay said...

sounds like a fun birthday. although you did forget to mention the pre-birthday dinner on saturday as well..... maybe we're really not that good of friends!!! anyway, i think i'm in a state of shock........ matt commented on my blog. so much for him being anti.....

Valerie said...

SORRY I didn't call but I did see you on Wednesday! Surprise! Who knew Matt could be sweet? J/K We knew he was going to take you to see Wicked, he was kind enough to call Melissa to rearrange our plans.

Laura said...

amy, i know i always forget yours, so you have a pass.

kelly - not my fault you are OLD

Di - LOVED it!

gay ..i MEANT to put i also had a fantastic b-day dinner saturday at gyu-kaku...to kick off the birthday week. and i will mention that i think you are always the first person to buy me a present - way in advance!

val, you have a pass too since i saw you on wed and the last thing you said to me was "happy birthday"

there, i responded to everyone thus far (in case you are like me and check back to see if there is a comment on your comment)

Silvs said...

Happy Birthday...even though I wished it late as well. You should subscribe to comments on your own blog. That way you just get an email anytime anyone ever comments. Is there any possibility that we can all meet up for Christmas? Please? I know I keep bringing this up, but I really think this needs to happen because if we wait for me to get married before we hang out again, it might be awhile. Just telling it like it is.

brookeisacrazylady said...

dude you are young. i'll be 29 in march. wasn't wicked great?

Laura said...

silvs...i was just thinking the other day that a holiday get together would be great. let me know your available weekends.

Anneli said...

Happy b-day Laura! That does suck a little being on thanksgiving. I loved Wicked, and I usually don't like those types of things. I watch too much Tivoed TV and don't have the attention power to sit for 3 hours, but I LOVED Wicked. Also, glad to see that there is someone else who braves the crazy day after sales.

Peralta Family said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry, you're still young.

a{Jo} said...

Happy BELATED Birthday! I HONESTLY thought on your bday "It's Laura's Birthday today." I just didn't do anything about it and I'm really sorry. Do I get a pass too? I heard Wicked was great--I really want to see it.

Rachel said...

Hey Laura! Happy birthday! So, so late, I know. I am just such a dork. I saw this posting awhile ago (are you going to post something new sometime, btw?)and there were already so many comments, I thought, I don't need to comment. So rude! What is wrong with me? I'm terrible. But it sounds like you had a great b-day even though you are now so old and had to share your day with Thanksgiving. Let's be honest, Thanksgiving was sharing WITH YOU. Happy Birthday!